NexusCW is hiring for a venture-backed biotechnology company pioneering Molecular Gates, a new class of small molecules to eliminate disease-causing proteins and treat biology’s intractable diseases selectively.
- Receive, process, and store all compound samples incoming from both internal and external sources to be added to the compound inventory, including packaging/unpackaging, labeling, sorting, and proper storage.
- Manage, maintain and dispense all compound plating requests to support drug discovery research programs using liquid handlers (e.g. Echo 650, Nimbus, etc.)
- Manage, maintain, process and dispense all compound requests to support drug discovery research programs, including weighing solid samples, creating stock solutions, plating liquid sample requests, and preparing samples for shipping.
- Responsible for meeting timelines for compound requests and collaborating with other scientists to meet any compound request requirements
- Implement automation where appropriate to improve workflow and productivity.
Here’s what you can expect if you join us:
In the first month, you will work closely with our compound management lead to learn the core systems in place for the company’s internal compound management. By three months, you will independently manage internal compound collection and fulfill all compound requests to support drug discovery research programs. By six months, you will have streamlined the compound management workflows and will be working to expand the scope and depth of automation platforms related to compound management to improve workflows and throughput.
- Hands-on knowledge of activities related to the compound management process
- An excellent understanding of inventory management, logistics management, and service-oriented practices
- Experience with lab automation and liquid handling is highly desired
- Exceptional multi-tasking, organizational, record-keeping, and communication skills. Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary, team-oriented environment
- Experience with LIMS and inventory systems and good record keeping via ELN
BS in chemistry, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or related fields, with 0-3 years of relevant experience in industry.
$32 -$40 per hour depending on experience.